Identical or Fraternal?

Hey Guys!

I'm going to tell you about Course 3 Assignment 3 for the ParsonsxTeenVogue Certificate in Fashion Industry Essentials course. For this assignment, I was to go to a clothing retailer that sells various brands and try on all different clothes in different sizes. I went to Dillards and found tops, bottoms, and a jacket. I found that two sizes fit me, but it was mainly only one size that fit me well. I also discovered a top that was way to small on me in my normal size and still too small in the next size up. This shows that each brand has a different "sizing chart".

After that, I was to find an item that fit well and get every identical item in that size. I was to find "differences" in them. Each item manufactured allows for a 1/2" tolerance. That can occur in any part of the manufacturing process. In my items, I didn't find too much variance. Two of the "identical items" seemed to be longer and a bit looser fitting than the other one. I will include a collage of photos below that shows each identical item on me.

With this assignment, I learned that each item of "identical" clothing is different; even if its only by a little bit. It also taught me that machines can make a mistake every once in a while! So, if I ever produce clothes I will want to get a clothing manufacturer with a good reputation.😄

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embroidery: Chic or Eek?

Cannes Film Festival 2017: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

3 Chic Trends Emerging From the Fall/Winter 2017/18 Collections!